Politics & Government

Friday, March 13, 2009

When can I join the military?

I%26#039;m 15 right now and I am a freshman in high school I know it is a little early but I have a few questions. I have a later birthday and i turn 16 before my sophomore year. Which means I will be 17 before my junior year of high school. I was wondering if I had to be a junior to enter the forces.



you must be 17 and a HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATE as well as have your parents permission in order to enlist. Only rising seniors may enter DEP.




With your parents written consent, you will be able to join the %26#039;delayed entry program%26#039; (DEP) at 17. Usually with the DEP, recruits will go to BCT during the summer between their junior and senior years, and then leave for AIT once they graduate. Some MOS%26#039;s that have very short AIT%26#039;s may be able to complete BCT and AIT during the summer before and then go directly to their duty station after high school graduation. If your 17th b-day is during the summer between sophomore and junior, I highly doubt you will be able to go that summer just because you may have to wait for the next BCT class and it may run into junior year starting in the fall.




yes. you have to be finished with ur junior year. then your parents can sign a waver saying that you can go to BCT *bootcamp* during your


summer goin to your senior year. then when you finish BCT you will


come back and finish your senior year.. then you will get stationed somewhere.




17 with parents consent is correct...but...you will need a GED at minimum. If you are lucky enough to be the first 10% that year, otherwise you will need a GED and college credits.




your parents have to sign that its ok for you to go if you are 17




There are so many more things you can do with your life....why would you want to fight for a country that isn%26#039;t true to its own citizens. This war is a F***king joke!




Why would you want to serve a country that is in the middle of collapse and ruled by murderers?


%0D%0A

No comments:

Post a Comment