Politics & Government

Friday, March 27, 2009

Is there a way to get out of repaying my unemployment benefits?

I lied on my unemployment application and received over $1000. I received a letter stating I have to pay it back because my employer explained I walked out, but I told them he fired me...wouldn't the employer have to prove this....why would they take the employers word against mine....anyone?



You can appeal this through the unemployment office it's a 50/50 what you got lose a $1000.00 bucks. You don't need a lawyer and it wont cost anything but you really need to have your peas & Q together if you want a chance at having this over turned. You may win my girlfriend did in the same situation.











Good Luck




No. This is the one way they side with the employer, always.





Try and call and set up a payment schedule asap. Unemployment is not patient. They typically wait just over 30 days before they take the money out of your bank account, garnish your wages and put a lien on everything from your car to your house. They are even more aggressive than the State.





You can, right now, get to your local labor board and file wrongful termination claim. If you win, you will be eligible to have this turned around and the employer will be fined.




I have read all the responses to your question. In MY opinion it is that all states are different. I think you should take it to trial too. Call and ask. They pay into that fund and their rates( in some states) go up if someone files a claim. Maybe you weren't honest ok, but there are alot of scum bag employers out there who try to avoid paying people.*




They took your employers word against yours because your employer has little to lose by telling the truth.





You've admitted you lied, you owe the money. Pay it back.




You owe the money. Don't try to fight it or they'll ruin your credit and potentially go after you for fraud.




Your employer would have exit paperwork that shows you left. That's why. You have to pay it back. Don't lie.




call them & say you disagree with what happened. You are entitled to a hearing.




Don't lie and you wouldn't have a problem.




Karma's a b*tch, aint it?

No comments:

Post a Comment