Politics & Government

Friday, March 13, 2009

How do you PERSONALLY benefit from Obama

Okay, this is for everyone but specially for the people who voted for him.


How do YOU benefit, give me concrete examples. I don't wanna hear abstract generalizations like 'he's gonna improve this country', or 'he's the first black president and that's enough'.





I wanna know what it does for you, not for poor people, your neighbor or the environment, so give me some concrete examples about yourself. If you can tell me how or if you benefit from the stimulus bill, that would be cool too.



I don't benefit. I'm sixteen years old. My generation is the one that's going to pay for all of this nonsense.




Most of that remains to be seen. How many instances can we give after the man has been in office just short of 3 months. One benefit I can identify is that since my family is chock full of cancer victims the support of embryonic stem cell research may save my life someday. There is much that adult stem cell research cannot do. That benefits me now because I sleep better at night knowing everything that can be done is being done in that regard.





Also, it benefits my family that my cousin, a police officer in Pennsylvania, may get to keep his job due to the stimulus package. That benefits my family because if he loses his job he comes back here and will have to stay with us, since we have the room for him. I don't begrudge my cousin if he needs helps, but up goes the grocery bill, the gas/electric bill, and having to cover any medications he needs.




Why should I have to benefit personally? I'm middle aged, okay financially, and generally happy with my life. But I recognize that it's not all about me. It's about setting a direction that will make my children's life better in the years ahead. It's about taking care of those that are less fortunate than me. We are all born equal, but we do not all have equal opportunities in life.





Health care is most important to me. Although I have what I think is adequate insurance, I am still one major illness away from catastrophe. Hopefully, President Obama will change that for me and millions of others.




I voted for Obama. I dont expect to personally gain one thing from his presidency. I am an independent person, and I did not gain a darn thing from Bush, Clinton, Carter, Bush.....ect...... I never got one darn thing from any of them. I had some gains when LBJ signed the Civil Rights Bill. Since then, none of them have don anything for me to see any gain from. I voted for Obama because I thought he was the best choice for the country. NOT because I expected to personally gain anything whatsoever. TRY AGAIN...... Not everyone who voted for Obama is sitting on their butt waiting for some kind of check. We work for a living miss! Thank You!




I like this question but you won't get liberals to answer honestly. They don't think that way. If Obama says it's good for America, that's good enough for them.





The proof are the inane answers you get on YA when you try to pin them down.




I personally benefit from the excitement and enthusiasm I feel. For the first time in years, I want to get involved and I get a HUGE amount of personal gratification from that.




Nothing. And personally, I am afraid of what more he is going to do TO me. Nearly half of my investments are gone. I was going to live out my retirement on that money. Now I will have to die in, let me see - about 6-8 years.




I'm black and he's black. We can relate.




well I got more money in my paycheck today so that's a start




it's way too early to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment